Thursday, July 30, 2009

We are all dominicans, however, we are differents.


In the world, not only in my country, we can notice that every person is different, we have different personalities, different ways of thinking and different characteristics. Define a whole culture for one person is not the correct way to know about it, about its people, about its traditions and history.


The truth is, that since I got here i became the ambassador of Dominican Republic which means that every single thing i do or say is going to tell others how dominicans are like, which is not totally fair in my opinion because even though we are from the same country and we have been raised with certain similar values and traditions we are all different one from the other because every person is unique.


According to Dictionarie.com, culture can be define as the sum total of ways of living, built up by a group of human beings and transmitted from one gerenation to another. I think that concept can be taken to have an idea of what culture is, "literally". The best way to know about a culture is live with it and feel it in your heart like your own.
I'm in another country, to far away from mine, and i want to show who i am, who we are, but not trough my actions or sayings, i want to show the dominican culture, trough my feelings and the way how i express my love for another culture to which i never belonged to.